Becoming a Member
We invite any person, firm, corporation, partnership, association or estate having an interest in promoting the purposes of the Chamber to apply for membership. We need those who share interests in our community and are willing to work with others to accomplish collectively what no one can do alone. Membership is obtained by application and approval by our Board of Directors. Memberships are renewable annually in January. Thank you for your interest in the Chamber of Commerce of Smyth County, Inc. We appreciate your consideration. We know active involvement can help Smyth County become a better place to live, work, and play.
The strength of the Chamber of Commerce rests in its membership and the members’ willingness to work on opportunities for Smyth County. We provide a method for membership to express views about the direction of progress for the county. The Board of Directors is approved by the membership and has the responsibility of creating policies and vehicles to enhance the quality of life in Smyth County. Members also have the opportunity to get involved and make a difference by serving on one of our seven committees. There are many other benefits to holding a membership in the Chamber of Commerce of Smyth County, Inc. Some of these include:
- Membership adds credibility to your business
- Membership provides a forum to express views about the direction of progress for Smyth County
- Members have a chance to get involved and make a difference in our community
- Members can attend Chamber-sponsored seminars including Entrepreneur Express and Growing Sales
- Members can attend and sponsor events such as networking breakfasts, mixers, lunch ‘n learns, etc. to promote business partnerships
- Small businesses are eligible for Value Added Benefits through Anthem health insurance
- Larger businesses are eligible for group benefits through Allstate Insurance, Workplace Division
- Businesses and organizations can advertise special events through Chamber media including website, newsletters, and email blasts
- Members can advertise employment needs on the Chamber website
- Members have opportunities for networking and increased business visibility
- Members can earn “Chamber Cash” credits by referring new members and can use these credits toward attending Chamber events or membership renewal
Pay Securely Online with your Credit Card.
The Chamber office will contact you to collect additional information.